Research Data Management services are under development to ensure compliance with institutional and funders’ policies (such as these), and to facilitate easier and better planning, saving and sharing of research data.
Researchers are encouraged to make a Data Management Plan with DMP Online and share it with their co-investigators, staff supporting their bid and the Research Information team.
Research data should be deposited as type dataset in the Institutional Repository at eprints.lincoln.ac.uk. Data that is placed there will be indexed automatically in the UK Research Data Discovery Service (UKRDDS) at http://ckan.data.alpha.jisc.ac.uk/dataset
- Data management guides produced by other UK institutions
- Research Data Management open training materials
- Information about metadata from the University of Edinburgh
- Rubrics with compliance advice for completion of the Data Management Planning templates for AHRC, BBSRC, EPSRC, Wellcome and Horizon2020
- Guidance for ESRC researchers, from the UK Data Archive, and UK Data Archive (2011). Managing and sharing data: best practice for researchers; third edition
- NIHR Study Support Service
- Funders’ guidance, and some sample plans, from the University of Cambridge
- Business and Local Government Data Research Centre data sources